What is this world coming to

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Had my dental today and i finally collected my retainers (After so long yes i long) Feels awfully uncomfortable i don't know why. My poor mouth just can't seem to stop producing saliva !! Anyhoots, had lunch at one of the foodcourts in town after my appointment and i swear i got soooo pissed with the lady at the stall.

This is what i ordered. Looks perfectly alright, ya ?



Then i noticed a shiny shimmering thing on my noodles.



Its the metal thingy from the metal scrub, and guess what ? This thing measured 4cm long !!


I could not imagine what would happen if i were to swallow that thing down. So feeling pissed and all, i took my plate and showed the lady what i found. Not only did the china lady not apologise, she even accused me of spoiling their stall's image. Like why in the world would i do that ?? I'm just a normal customer, no ? So friends who want to know which stall i'm talking bout, pm me on MSN. I don't wna risk getting sued by the foodcourt.

But anyhoots, yours truly's trigger happy now cause she just got herself 2 pretty dresses and a preppy peterpan-collared-bibbed-cropped-puffsleeve jacket.



Adore these dresses ? Grab them home at Happy-Shoppers now !!

---

My oh my, what is this world coming to ? First, we had 3 UK dudes making an old trishaw uncle ride all 3 of them and after struggling so much to ride those 3 assholes, they refused to pay him cause he was way too slow. And now, some random caucasian from whichever country i'm not too sure, started hitting singaporean students up. And what's worst, is that one of these 2 girls, are my secondary school junior, Michelle.

---

As extracted from Michelle's Princess-Michie, everything started when Michelle's schoolbag accidentally hit the woman as they were walking. And the following are extracted from Stomp,

"After bumping into her, she started throwing vulgarities at me," Michelle said. "At first I thought she's some crazy woman who goes around shouting at people, so I ignored her.

"A few minutes later, she attacked me from the back! She hit my back with her umbrella but thank god she missed! Instead of my back, she got my schoolbag!

"I turned and asked her what her problem was. She was shouting, telling the whole world that I bumped into her. She tried to flee after everyone said that she's the one at fault by hitting my back."

Michelle said the woman went into NTUC supermarket, where they had a heated exchange words. This is Michelle's account:

She: Back off! I'm calling the 911!
Me: Hello, this is Singapore, you do not call 911 here, you call 999!
She: Back off, I'm calling 911 now.
She: I'm gonna call the 911 now.
Me: It's 999.
She: Fine. I’ll call 911 now.
Me: Go ahead. I'll wait for you, please go ahead and call the police.
She: Why must I call the police? You call lah.
Me: Cos I thot you said you wanna call 911?
She: I don’t have a phone, you call.
Me: This is Singapore, you do not go around hitting people with your umbrella then call 911, and I'm sure you can’t do the same even if you are in America.

Michelle said a security officer stepped in and asked them to leave the supermarket."She refused and said 'No, I'm not leaving. I scared she'll beat me up'. Like hello, she's the one who attacked me first," Michelle said.

Michelle said a few minutes later, the woman dashed out of the supermarket. She followed her with her friends, wanting her to explain why she hit her on the back. She said about 10 steps from the exit, the caucasian attacked them.

"He grabbed both my friend's arms from the back, then lifted her up off the floor and threw her hard onto the floor!

"And that caused her arms to bleed! And before I could even react, I saw his fist flying towards my face!

"I moved back a little but I still got punched slightly in the nose and I managed to block the other two punches from him with both my arms.

"Next, he kicked my right leg and he attempted to run. Just when he was about to run, my friend tripped him and he fell straight onto the floor.

"He quickly picked himself up, and he ran towards a watch shop where all the helpful passers-by blocked him," she said.

Michelle sent a video of what happened when the passers-by stepped in.

"A few helpful uncles came to help us because they saw the whole incident. Then, the girlfriend appeared out of nowhere. She accused us of hitting her first. We didn't even lay a finger on her! Needless to say, hit.

"She was cooking up crap trying to gain sympathy from the crowd. Fortunately none of them listened to her," she said.

---

All i wanna say, is that i have totally nothing against whites here. Not at least a bit. I wasn't there at HDB Hub personally to witness the fight so i can't really comment on it. But all i felt was, irregardless of whose fault is it, what race are they, which country they belong to, initiating a fight is always wrong, no ? Let alone having a well-grown man hitting 2 schoolgirls.

We often hear people say that the caucasians are the more accepting race when it comes to culture while we asians take more time to adapt and open up. But come to think of it, how many of us experienced forms of racism when we're overseas ? Getting spat on, shown bad service attitude or sniggered upon just because our skin color is yellow ?

I don't know if it's just me, or others do feel likewise too ? Just my two cents' worth yknow.

Post a Comment