Talk about health : Eating Clean - OIAJ

Sunday, February 17, 2013


Overnight Oats in a Jar

Overnight Oats, especially Oats in a Jar is getting kind of popular on Pinterest and Instagram these days. Apparently this kind of cold yogurt and oatmeal mixture has been around for quite awhile. I don't know where I have been, because I had never heard of it until I saw a recipe by Gwen on her instagram.



I have been having oats for breakfast for quite awhile now and I personally like my oats thick and clumpy yet creamy at the same time but after much trial and error with the proportion, I am still unable to achieve the consistency that I wanted. To my surprise, my first attempt of overnight oats was a success and of the exact consistency that I have been trying to achieve. I did a quick and easy one with apples cause that's the only thing I could find in my fridge.

Vanilla Overnight Oats with Berries and Maple Syrup 

Ingredients: 
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of skim milk (you can add more or less milk for a different consistency)
3 tablespoon of low fat greek yogurt (it can be plain or flavored) 
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
1 tablespoon of raspberry jam 
1 teaspoon of honey (optional) 
1/3 cup of berries or any fruits/toppings of your choice 

Directions: 
Pour oats, milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, raspberry jam and honey into jar
Put lid on jar and shake until well combined
Remove lid, add fruits/toppings and stir until mixed throughout
Screw on lid tightly and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days

Best serve chilled.

Some other variations that I am looking forward to try,





Post a Comment